Kaspa ASIC miners

mining kaspa.
gandalf
Site Admin

Kaspa ASIC miners

Post by gandalf »

With the sudden release of information in regards to Kaspa ASIC miners going live.. IMO a lot of it does not add up, and i personally don't believe that ICERIVER miners are legit, hopefully im proven wrong soon. I would love to see them deliver a minerr to the Kaspa dev/foundation in order to be verified and tested but lets see how it all turns out

What we know so far!
Mining address where the miners are currently pointed (can be faked via a proxy and rented hash)
2miners done a twitter post (which can be questioned, and still does not prove existence and that they are real)
website is 1 month old, yet they claim to be a leading crypto mining hardware company ?
No company registration details, addresses, or names involved
seems very off in general for someone that has made a break through of a golden miner and first to the specific market

What does everyone else think about the situation and hype about the asic miner ? Am i wrong to be rather suspicious that this could be a very well thought out potential scam ?
demetri

Re: Kaspa ASIC miners

Post by demetri »

Well, it turned out fine I guess :D
gandalf
Site Admin

Post by gandalf »

:D yes it did, never can be too cautios with such things, especially when it comes out of nowhere like they did..
Katricot

Post by Katricot »

There are just so many factors to consider - hash rate, power consumption, profitability, even noise level if you're planning to run it at home.

I've been using Asic Miner Compare a lot to compare different models. It's a handy tool, but it can't tell you everything. For instance, some miners are known to be workhorses that keep chugging away for years, while others fizzle out faster.

In my experience, it's worth doing some deep dives on specific models beyond the raw specs. Online forums and miner reviews can be a goldmine for real-world insights from other miners. That way, you can get a better sense of which ASIC will weather the storm and become a reliable rig.