Community Marketing Fund Refresh Proposal - Fall 2023

discussions about pre-proposals and improvements relating to kaspa.
Rhubarbarian

Community Marketing Fund Refresh Proposal - Fall 2023

Post by Rhubarbarian »

Greetings, fellow Kaspians!

It's been quite the journey since we first started marketing Kaspa! Initially, our efforts began with the rebranding, a new website, and establishing our social channels. Back then, KAS was valued at .0002. By March/April of 2023, we launched the first official Community Marketing Fund for Kaspa, and the KAS value rose to .013. Now, just 6-7 months later, we've seen it climb to .05. Also, our follower count skyrocketed by x100!

Throughout this period, we've been hard at work. We've produced over 500 posts for our social media channels, created 40+ videos for YouTube, and developed countless designs for community members, merchants and Ambassadors. We've successfully onboarded more than 30 Merchants (https://kaspa.org/all-listings) worldwide and 4 regional Ambassadors. We just released Kaspa Pitch Decks (https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/ ... sp=sharing) for teaching at meetups and other educational events.  These are being translated into multiple languages.  Most recently, see Shai's custom deck (https://youtu.be/zcHqnGEnaNk?si=OTH9f3UQ11g_9kQh) for his presentation in Hong Kong 

This Fall and early 2024, we're in the process of bringing on 6-8 Ambassadors from countries including Nigeria, Uganda, Canada, the USA, Korea, Austria, Turkey, and Australia. A new page on the site will begin to profile these amazing Kaspains!

With the support of Bubblegum Lightning and Wolfie, our small but mighty Marketing Team (or, as our channel name states, "People with medium-sized brains"), we've helped integrate numerous new apps, exchanges, pools, and other strategic affiliations.  This also includes over 20 other social/channel mods, techs, and app and site developers who are contributing to the marketing efforts and use our services weekly.

We won't go into too much detail about our work, as you can read all the reports here - Community Marketing Fund Reports

The ASK:
The initial CMF was to be for 3 months. Due to the increasing value and our decision to alter the terms and take the equivalent of finding in USD, we've been able to stretch the funds to 7 months!! This includes organizing and supporting key events with merch, creative design, and marketing tools.

Now, we hope to replenish the CMF to continue our marketing momentum into 2024 to increase marketing efforts and onboard more ambassadors and merchants. Please revisit our original proposal here: Creative Content and Marketing Management Proposal - 2023

Our focus for Fall and 2024 is on EQUIPPING and Outreach. We aim to provide Ambassadors with the necessary resources to form their teams. We're already seeing such developments in Nigeria, where new Ambassadors are emerging under the leadership of Balor. We expect the same efforts in terms of hours. Still, additional funds will be necessary for Ambassador Launches and to support participation in major 2024 events.

Here's the breakdown:

* Funds Requested: We're asking for 80,000 KAS/month (equivalent to $4000 USD/month) for the next three months. After this period, we'll revisit for a New Year Budget review. Should the value of Kaspa increase, we pledge to only spend the USD equivalent, thus extending the funds over more months.

* Budget Allocation: 50% of the funds will be dedicated to our content creation, communications, Ambassador/Merchant support, and resource creation. The remaining 50% will cover Ambassador launches, Merchant support, article research/writing, and other associated costs. As stated, none of these funds will be used for paid advertising or non-Kaspa efforts. While some additional funds might be required for releases or infrastructure costs (like web hosting), most of the budget will be directed toward the daily efforts of Kaspa's organic growth.

Total Budget: We're looking at a total of 240,000 KAS. If the Kaspa value goes up, we will rationally adjust our spending.

Donations: If you wish to see this work continue, please send your contributions to the new wallet (to allow for campaign fundraising visualizer) address: kaspa:qphn7jh03zwjn4rveup09ev945v2glh3uulwlmcnzt3azrtd8vxhkuzhpz925

Thank you for your unwavering support and your dedication to Kaspa's adoption!
Balor

Re: Community Marketing Fund Refresh Proposal - Fall 2023

Post by Balor »

I wanted to take a moment to express my heartfelt gratitude for your acknowledgment of the work done by our Kaspa Ambassador Team with Support from the CMF. Your recognition means the world to us and fuels our determination to keep pushing boundaries.

As part of the ambassador team, I've had the privilege of spearheading initiatives aimed at spreading the Kaspa vision far and wide by being the Kaspa Ambassador for Nigeria. It's been an incredible journey, and I couldn't be prouder of the progress we've made.

Some highlights of our interactions with the CMF And Rhubarb includes:

- Mentoring: Dedicated significant time to mentoring and nurturing talent within our sub-ambassador teams, ensuring they have the knowledge and skills to contribute passionately to the Kaspa project.

- Equipping: We've equipped our teams with the necessary resources and support to carry out their missions effectively. From providing guidance to offering technical support, we've been there every step of the way.

- Funding: The CMF has played a crucial role in funding our initiatives, allowing us to reach more communities and create a lasting impact.

- Merchandise and Meetup Items: Through the CMF's support, we've been able to create branded merchandise and organize meetups that engage the Kaspa community and spread awareness.

One of the most rewarding aspects has been the opportunity to mentor and launch several sub-ambassador teams. Watching these dedicated individuals take ownership and contribute passionately to the Kaspa project has been nothing short of inspiring. Together, we've managed to create a ripple effect of positive change that's reaching corners we never thought possible; all these and more were achieved precisely through support from the CMF.

However, as we continue our mission to bring Kaspa's transformative potential to more communities, we're facing a new challenge - funding. To maintain and expand the good work we've started, we need your support and the support of the entire Kaspa community.

Here's how you can get involved and help us drive our mission forward:

1. Donate: Your financial contributions, no matter the size, will directly impact our ability to reach more people and create a lasting impact.

2. Spread the Word: Share our story, our successes, and our vision with your network. The more people who know about Kaspa's work, the stronger our collective voice becomes.

3. Connect Us: If you know potential partners, sponsors, or investors who align with our mission, please introduce us. Building strategic partnerships is essential to our sustainability.

In conclusion, our journey as Kaspa Ambassadors has been incredible, and we're committed to carrying it forward. With your support and the support of the broader community, we can continue to inspire change, foster innovation, and make a lasting impact on the world.

Thank you for being part of this exciting journey. Together, we can achieve greatness.

Warm regards,
Balor
jguo0041

Post by jguo0041 »

I'd love to share my fantastic experience with the Kaspa marketing team and give a huge shoutout to Chad for his outstanding work within the community.

It's been nearly two months since I joined the ambassador program, and I must say the support and rapid responses from the team have made everything run like clockwork. I genuinely feel valued by this team, and it's no exaggeration to say that this community is one of the most united and supportive I've had the privilege of being part of in a long time.

What truly amazes me is our clear and unwavering goal - mass adoption. We are not just here to create a hype; we're spreading Kaspa to everyone because it is revolutionary, and that it has the potential to shape the world of traditional finance. Believe me or not, It's happening right now, and I'm excited to continue this incredible journey with the team. I can't wait to see what's next!

Cheers,
Joseph
icecreamfish

Post by icecreamfish »

I've been working with Rhub for a while on various Kaspa initiatives and he's always been very helpful/communicative. Him and his team have been a great asset to Kaspa.
gandalf
Site Admin

Post by gandalf »

Is this a shilling rhubarb thread ? haha

All jokes aside, i have nothing but respect for rhubarb and for what he is trying to achieve with Kaspa. I'm not directly involved with Kaspa itself, i started this forum in the hope of it being utilized as a neutral platform for the community without any official ties to Kaspa.. Since day one of kaspatalk, rhubarb has shown full support for the platform, and gone above and beyond in any way possible to help out and improve the platform.

This alone for me was enough evidence to see how passionate he is about Kaspa and working for the future. That's why he will always have my full support at any proposal that he seeks which will allow him to keep doing the work he has been to date. Enough rambling from me, anyone can clearly see since his vision of marketing took off, we have just been on the up and up.

So once again lets as a community get the next phase of kaspa future rolling..
Rilragos

Post by Rilragos »

let me add a little here as well. Rhubarbarian has been here to support Kaspa since early 2022. since then i had many interactions - which usually means: i have a question, he helps. This includes branding questions, merch, growth ideas, ambassadors and more. And he has been on top of many other things i have not been involved in. So 5 stars from my side for the effort & helpfullness.

I like the methodology that we use here. Every couple of months we regroup, see what we have accomplished, and the community can extend help for the next period. If you follow his reports on CMF funding you will see that there is a lot going on.
There is also often the discussion about the size of the funding that is much smaller than other projects. and i think this is exactly why kas is so successful. You guys have shown that with little funding, you can achieve big things! kaspa is successfull because we have the community who takes over the majority of heavy marketing lifting (e.g. twitter & youtube) - while the team focuses on the things that enable the community to do so: social, posts, insights, knowlege, ambassadors, exchanges and much more.

so i am getting my checkbook ready (figuratively, we dont have those here over in Europe) and looking forward to the next reports :-)
Shidi

Post by Shidi »

It's been impressive to see the significant growth and dedication of Rhubarbarian and other contributors in promoting Kaspa! The request for CMF contribution makes sense, as it has and will help sustain and expand these successful efforts, especially in equipping Ambassadors and supporting key events. A journey in marketing Kaspa is truly remarkable! The results and accomplishments speak for themselves, from the impressive increase in KAS value to the growth in followers and the onboarding of Ambassadors and Merchant. The commitment to using funds efficiently and transparently is commendable. Contributing to this cause can help further Kaspa's organic growth, global outreach and is worth a considaration for support of community initiatives.
Thank you
Rhubarbarian

Post by Rhubarbarian »

Thanks for all your comments!